Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=527)
-   -   GHL Doser 2.1 dosing history (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2615572)

Settings 12/23/2016 03:13 PM

GHL Doser 2.1 dosing history

Hi all,
I am new to the GHL doser and I have a question. I am in the control center and for the life of me I can not find dosing history. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

ReefRockerLive 12/23/2016 04:37 PM

As long as the pumps have been calibrated correctly, the pumps will dispense the requested amount. In GCC, you can set the capacity of each dosing container. From there, it will monitor the remaining fluid amount. That is the way it shows the "history". It does not actually show a list of previously dosed amounts because you're already specifying the amount you want the motor to dose.

Settings 12/24/2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReefRockerLive (Post 24876164)
As long as the pumps have been calibrated correctly, the pumps will dispense the requested amount. In GCC, you can set the capacity of each dosing container. From there, it will monitor the remaining fluid amount. That is the way it shows the "history". It does not actually show a list of previously dosed amounts because you're already specifying the amount you want the motor to dose.

So what you said without saying it is that there is no history. So if you do a few doses outside the set schedule you would never have a place to look back to see what you have actually dosed.

Furthermore: a state where I am now. I think I have it set up to do two automatic doses per day, but I have not verified that it has actually dosed. Nor do I think it did. But how would I know for sure?

Jerel 12/24/2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Settings (Post 24877148)
Furthermore: a state where I am now. I think I have it set up to do two automatic doses per day, but I have not verified that it has actually dosed. Nor do I think it did. But how would I know for sure?

Say, if the volume of fluids in your dosing container is 2500 milliliters, assigned dosage is 5 milliliters and took place. You'll see within GHL Control that the container is now measuring the volume as 2495.

I guess you could put in a request for an "archive/log" but the doser has and will dose in which you order it do.

Settings 12/25/2016 12:21 PM

Error in GHL dosing readings

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerel (Post 24877174)
Say, if the volume of fluids in your dosing container is 2500 milliliters, assigned dosage is 5 milliliters and took place. You'll see within GHL Control that the container is now measuring the volume as 2495.

I guess you could put in a request for an "archive/log" but the doser has and will dose in which you order it do.

Great info, thank you.

So I have two pumps set to dose 5ml 2x a day. Once at 1am and another dose at 1pm.
This morning I checked and found that pump 2 decreased by 5ml which was expected, but pump 1 only decreased by 4???? What?? I went back and checked and yes, it say to dose 5ml so why is this?

Jerel 12/26/2016 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Settings (Post 24877916)
Great info, thank you.

So I have two pumps set to dose 5ml 2x a day. Once at 1am and another dose at 1pm.
This morning I checked and found that pump 2 decreased by 5ml which was expected, but pump 1 only decreased by 4???? What?? I went back and checked and yes, it say to dose 5ml so why is this?

Could be a number of reasons..

Calibration to that specific pump head, pump speed too high.
Firmware of the Doser may need updating(which version are you on?)
Which platform are you configuring your Doser.. Mobile, PC or MyGHL?

Settings 12/26/2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerel (Post 24878700)
Could be a number of reasons..

Calibration to that specific pump head, pump speed too high.
Firmware of the Doser may need updating(which version are you on?)
Which platform are you configuring your Doser.. Mobile, PC or MyGHL?

Interesting, all user specific issues.

Ok the Doser is 2.1 sa running fm 1.24 which it says is up to date. The Doser is 4 days old now.

The speed for this head is set at 2. I've recalibrated it a few times now.

I access the Doser from the control center on my pc.

Settings 12/26/2016 12:56 PM

Just performed 4 more calibrations. Each one rendering the same results in the amount dosed in the minute which is 17ml.
Then 4 times I reset the level and four times I asked it to dose 10ml. Each time I got exactly 10ml, but the level dropped buy 11ml.

Settings 12/28/2016 11:18 AM

Turns out it was user calibration error. Once we broke out the wife's lab equip, she was able to get it calibrated. (She has better measuring equipment than what I was using)

Still would be nice to see dosing history.