Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Neptune Systems (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368)
-   -   Virtual Outlet (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1938904)

turbosek 11/26/2010 08:18 PM

Virtual Outlet

I am sure this question has been asked before, but I cannot find anything about it.

How do you add a Virtual Outlet?

I just hooked up my Waterbug to the Apex Base. The switch works, base alarm chimes when in water; however, how do I make my return pump turn off when the Waterbug switch is submerged?

Also, I want the pump to stay off indefinitely when the sensor wet...even if the water dries up.

Anyone?

unbreakable 11/26/2010 11:57 PM

i believe its by adding a DC8. In the webserver: configuation > module setup > add module (DC8) You can then rename the outlets created. you dont have to actually have the DC8 physically present

BTW, let me know how you setup your waterbug to your apex system!

HndMafia 11/27/2010 03:08 AM

Use a control address the Apex wouldn't normally use, I have my virtual outlet start at N1.

Poor code practice, but you could always write your waterbug outlet without a reset...I know, I forgot the reset when programming my wavebox. Take a look at Ken Argo's site for code ideas as it has some great free to use code.

aquamanic 11/27/2010 06:12 AM

Unbreakable is right. You add a legacy module like a DC8 or AquaSurf. Different modules give you different numbers of outlets. There's a chapter on this with much more detail in the User Guide stickied at the top of the forum.

turbosek 11/28/2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbreakable (Post 17974091)
BTW, let me know how you setup your waterbug to your apex system!

I spent a good amount of time reviewing the Unofficial User Manual at the top of this group.

Physical Setup:
1) You need a WaterBug Sensor, WaterBug Relay Module, Power Adapter, and either a Neptune Systems Breakout Box or make your own 2-wire connector to go from the WaterBug Relay Module to the Apex Base (or PM1, PM2 or PM3).

2) Instead of dropping $50 on a Neptune Systems Breakout Box, I just used 2 wires and ran them into the #1 (from "c" on WaterBug) and #8 (from "NO" on WaterBug) on the I/O input on the Apex Base. You can buy male Minidin 8 connectors to do this.

Software Setup:
1) Create a Virtual Outlet by adding a Module in the Web Interface. Pick any one of the modules...I just added an EB8, which gave me 8 virtual outlets.

2) Change the name of one of the VO (virtual outlets) to "WaterBug"

3) Apply the following statements
If Switch1 OPEN Then OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON

4) Go to the pump outlet you want to turn off when water is detected.

5) Apply the following statements
Fallback ON
If Outlet WaterBug = ON Then OFF
If FeedD 000 Then ON

The 3rd line allows one to easily turn the pump back on after the WaterBug turns the pump off. You just go into the web interface "All Status" and run the Feed D. Then turn it off right away. This will restart the pump.

I wanted the return pump to stay off if water was on the floor or spilling over the display tank top (I have a WaterBug sensor on the top of my Display Tank.) I wanted the return pump to stop if there is a large leak in the sump (water on the floor) so that if the sump empties, the pump will not run dry. Secondly, I wanted the return pump to stop if the Overflow Drain Pipe clogs, thus causing the Display Tank to overflow and sump to drain.