Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG) (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Cpod 2nd Meeting! (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1712408)

macboat 09/26/2009 11:47 PM

Cpod 2nd Meeting!

Hi, the 2nd Cpod meeting will be held on Oct 14th, Wednesday at aquainas' house starting 7PM. I will send out evite with his address later so please check your email.

If you want to attend and haven't register with me as a member of Cpod yet, please do so by PM me your full name, email and a phone number.

All members are highly encouraged to put "Member of Cpod" either in your title line or in your signature, in order to get a group discount at AZSB.

This time we will orient our chat towards natural reef habitat, if you are interested in doing some research before the meeting, here are some idea to get you started: Florida keys & Caribbean Sea; The Gulf of Mexico; Indo-Packfic; Fore reefs, Deep reefs, Caves....

Don't worry, we will still keep it casul so no pressures if you are not prepared. The major purpose is meeting people and having fun.

=====

Please RSVP in this thread, also, if you have something to trade or need anything, you may also post here.

macboat 09/26/2009 11:49 PM

Attendees...

1. Aquainas & The better half
2. Macboat
3. dcdicello

let's keep rolling~~

dcdicello 09/26/2009 11:55 PM

I'm in

criecken 09/27/2009 12:03 AM

count me an Cory in at this point....
my daughter got the swine flu 2 days ago and the doc said to expect the rest of the house to come down with it before all is said and done...
so pending any additional sickness... we will be there.

GlaringToast 09/27/2009 12:04 AM

What is Cpod?

Tschupe 09/27/2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlaringToast (Post 15759750)
What is Cpod?

I second that??????

macboat 09/27/2009 02:23 AM

Attendees...

2. Macboat
3. dcdicello
4. criecken & Cory

macboat 09/27/2009 02:25 AM

GlaringToast and Tschupe,

If you are wondering what Cpod is, please click the link blow.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1665050

=================
PS. guys, you may change your title now without 500 posts limitations.

kirstenk 09/27/2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macboat (Post 15759706)
All members are highly encouraged to put "Member of Cpod" either in your title line or in your signature, in order to get a group discount at AZSB.

Hi,

Would you tell us (Frag) a little more about this discount?

Thanks!

macboat 09/27/2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirstenk (Post 15760668)
Hi,

Would you tell us (Frag) a little more about this discount?

Thanks!

Hi Kirstenk,

Please see post 130 in the thread.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...&postcount=130

leofriel 09/27/2009 11:04 AM

Me Too

Quote:

Originally Posted by macboat (Post 15759946)
Attendees...

2. Macboat
3. dcdicello
4. criecken & Cory

5. Leofriel (Travis) & Dusky

justreefing 09/27/2009 02:48 PM

we are in

badfish 09/27/2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquainas (Post 15732780)
Members of Cpod will have access to a group buy discount through AZSEABOTTOM!!!

The current manager Carlos has agreed to coordinate purchases with group members so I'd like to make it worth his while. Therefore I believe that some basic requirements are in order. Keep in mind that these are subject to change and if someone is not in agreement feel free to pm me or Macboat directly, though I think this is fair. :)

In order to qualify for the CPOD group discont, you must meet the two requirements below:

1) Be an active part of the group by attending meetings, posting on our board and making positive contributions (not monetary) to the "Pod".

2)Add "Member of Cpod" to your signature. This will enable us to be identified by AZ Seabottom and other members when we request our discount.

The goal is to give us the ability to get our supplies relatively fast when needed, saving some money on our orders and in the end play our part in supporting the nearest LFS to all of us.

Thanks
Shane.

Where is your board?

Are FRAG members entitled to a discount?

The Better Half 09/28/2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfish (Post 15763362)
Where is your board?

Are FRAG members entitled to a discount?

Hello Badfish,

If you are a FRAG member and meet the qualifications for the discount (Active, contributing member of CPOD, attend CPOD meetings in Maricopa, post regularly to the thread,etc.) then yes.

:spin3:

The Better Half 09/28/2009 04:34 PM

If you are attending the 2nd CPOD Meeting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by macboat (Post 15759706)
Hi, the 2nd Cpod meeting will be held on Oct 14th, Wednesday at aquainas' house starting 7PM. I will send out evite with his address later so please check your email.

If you want to attend and haven't register with me as a member of Cpod yet, please do so by PM me your full name, email and a phone number.

This time we will orient our chat towards natural reef habitat, if you are interested in doing some research before the meeting, here are some idea to get you started: Florida keys & Caribbean Sea; The Gulf of Mexico; Indo-Packfic; Fore reefs, Deep reefs, Caves....

Don't worry, we will still keep it casul so no pressures if you are not prepared. The major purpose is meeting people and having fun.

=====

Please RSVP in this thread, also, if you have something to trade or need anything, you may also post here.

Hello CPOD Members,

I just wanted to send out an FYI regarding the meeting on 10/14/2009. Please note that our house is not kid or pet friendly. We have off white carpet and couches. We also have glass tables and vases everywhere. It may be a good idea for you to leave your little ones at home for the meeting, thanks. :spin3::celeb3::o:spin3:

macboat 09/28/2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Better Half (Post 15768582)
Hello CPOD Members,

I just wanted to send out an FYI regarding the meeting on 10/14/2009. Please note that our house is not kid or pet friendly. We have off white carpet and couches. We also have glass tables and vases everywhere. It may be a good idea for you to leave your little ones at home for the meeting, thanks. :spin3::celeb3::o:spin3:

Bummer! I was thinking of bring my dogs!:uzi:

aquainas 09/28/2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macboat (Post 15768655)
Bummer! I was thinking of bring my dogs!:uzi:

Oh yeah? Trying to give me a heart attack eh? :lmao:

sltyncopa 09/29/2009 08:56 PM

I will do my best to be there!!!

61scout80 09/30/2009 02:14 PM

wow! did everyone in maricopa get a tank! impressive group! how many people does CPOD have now? :celeb1:

I'm not sure I'll be able to make this one, but I'll try. what is the cut off to RSVP?

Sorry i haven't been on here a little more, but when I'm in maintenance mode I'm generally pretty quiet. That and when the weather cools off i tend to spend more time under my jeep instead of on the couch with the computer. If anyone needs anything that i may be able to help out with send me an email or PM. PMs send a notification to my email, so it shouldn't take long to get my attention.

Also, we have a pretty nice off road group growing in maricopa too. if you are interested in doing some wheeling hit me up.

Chris, i still have your SCWD. if i can make the meeting i'll bring it along, if you would like it sooner let me know. I can drop it off on my way to or from work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcdicello (Post 15759727)
I'm in

hey! glad you made it over here! Sorry i never got back to you about jamming, but I'm back to work and over hobby-ed again. I don't feel i have the time to devote to music. I don't want to be 'that guy' showing up late, unprepared and disconnected.... ya know?

dcdicello 10/12/2009 10:10 PM

I never received directions or anything else about this event.
Who What Where When How:bounce1::bounce2::bounce3:

macboat 10/12/2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcdicello (Post 15847956)
I never received directions or anything else about this event.
Who What Where When How:bounce1::bounce2::bounce3:

Sorry, my bad. I didn't put you in the Evite. You will receive an email shortly.

sltyncopa 10/13/2009 05:43 PM

So far as long as "something" doesnt come up I will be there!

aquainas 10/13/2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sltyncopa (Post 15852075)
So far as long as "something" doesnt come up I will be there!

Great! we'll see you....Did you RSVP on the evite?

macboat 10/14/2009 01:11 PM

Hi, Aquainas, here is the count! See you tonight!

2. Macboat
3. dcdicello
4. criecken & Cory
5. Leofriel (Travis) & Dusky
6. Justreefing & Monica?
7. sltyncopa (maybe)
8. 61sout80 (maybe)
9. badfish (probably)

justreefing 10/20/2009 10:13 PM

hey criecken i have not had any luck with anenomes, they are stubborn and my small clowns have hosted the rbta already