Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southern Colorado Marine Aquarist Society (SCMAS) (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=387)
-   -   May be moving out your way (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=905349)

Thurge 08/12/2006 08:33 AM

May be moving out your way

Hi I am David and I am looking to relocate out to Colorado Springs for my job. Specifically I work for Progressive and from what I understand our campus is in the northern part of Colorado Springs. I am going to be out in Colorado Springs at the end of the month for a site visit and interviews, and while I am out there I would like to check out some of the LFS in the area.

I am also curious if anybody in your group has moved with fish. The more I think about it, I am thinking I will end up selling all but my cherry pieces and even then may frag them down. Then have a LFS hold them and ship them when I get out there. I am open to any other other ideas on how to move them 1400 miles.

Thanks

tall guy 08/12/2006 06:36 PM

Hey David,
There are a few LFS to check out in COS. Neptune's Realm, Seascape Aquatics, Mr. Aqua, Exotic Tropicals and Fishy Business just to name a few.

Good luck on the interview/s.

I did a move with fish only a long time ago but have not tried corals yet so I couldn't say if that would work. I had to drive about 8 hours so it wasn't too bad on the temperture changes, aeration, etc.

murfman 08/13/2006 11:26 AM

Delta_Zeta from this forum just moved here from Idaho and split her corals up between two of our tanks. You could always see about doing that. I would offer but my tank is still full with her stuff as well as mine.

If you are here next Sat, we are having our monthly meeting, why not join us?

Thurge 08/13/2006 04:16 PM

I would love to make it to the meeting but its looking like I will be there for labor day weekend.
Thats very generous of you to do help her out like that, but I don't think that would to be an option. I have already been told by my girly that we WILL be stoping for the night somewhere. :) Plus you figure her, me, 115# dog, cat, and cloths for the trip, and there really isn't room for fish and corals. I may have room for all the mantis and their stuff but thats about it.

You are rather lucky to have 5 shops to choose from. There really is only 2 or three places to check in Cleveland. Over the next year though there are a couple new places opening. Ironically though we have our own Phishy buisness. Its a little better than 2 hours south but its nice.
If I am only able to get to one or two shops, which ones are can't miss shops for an LPS, or Fairy wrasse guy?

racer69 08/13/2006 06:37 PM

LPS or Fairy Wrasse, would be Mr. Aqua, and Seascapes. They usually have both. Although you can visit all of these stores in less than an hour round trip. They are not that far apart.

Deuce67 08/14/2006 12:01 PM

And if you cant see anything you like here in the Springs, about an hour drive North is Denver. They have a few up there too.

Thurge 08/15/2006 01:10 PM

:D This is not going to make the girl friend happy.