View Single Post
Old 09/21/2015, 01:40 PM   #1887
Registered Member
Originally Posted by Billybatz9 View Post
I don't think I will be able to continue to battle these dinoflagellates. I will be starting my tank over. I have given up. It's a losing battle and my wallet grows more and more thin as I try and try to fight them.

Any ideas how to start over? I'd like to keep the same rocks if possible. How do I clean them? Hydrogen peroxide dip? Vinegar dip? Both? Any help would be great.

Thank you
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm self employed and I hear you on the cost of things being a major factor. I'm waiting to borrow a microscope from someone, and if I find I do have Ostreopsis I may throw in the towel as well.

I would not reuse the rocks. Seriously. Dip corals, sure. (I used Coral RX on every frag that went into my tank..would suggest trying something stronger.)

Dinos really suck

28g cube, CF 105watts! Tunze 9001. Tiny frags: Euphyllia, blasto, ricordea and a rock flower anemone. Lost fish and inverts due to ongoing outbreak of dinoflagellates.

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote