Thread: Brooklynella :(
View Single Post
Unread 08/12/2011, 01:46 PM   #16
MrTuskfish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
So you won't use this product right? I'm kindda curious now... Maybe I should do some testing on it.
I don't want to "expel" parasites, I want to kill them. If all Herbtana is supposed to do is somehow get the bugs off the fish, I guess you must keep the drug level up for at least two life-cycles of the parasite. I'd also bet the farm that not all the parasites are going to leave the fish and all it takes is one resistant bug to prevent a cure. Copper, at a given level, will absolutly kill anything that swims. Monitoring copper is (IME & IMO) safe, easy, and effective.
I quickly searched Bob Fenner's (IMO, arguably THE authority on SW fishkeeping) site for Herbtana, like all "reef-safe" parasites, there seems to be nothing good said about it. if and when a reef-safe, or any new & effective, parasite treatment comes along---I'm sure we'll hear. There have been so many "reef-safe'' cures that have come and gone in recent years I've lost track. None have been very well received, that I know of. Here's just a snippet from the first link I clicked on Fenner's wetwebmedia.com:\

""

Steve

Current Tank Info: 180, 2-240 FOWLRs, 240 reef
MrTuskfish is offline   Reply With Quote