View Single Post
Unread 03/24/2018, 10:34 AM   #55
Whiskylen
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdemos View Post
Interesting that the new app wouldnt work for u i have same problem. The old app, lights show up as “light[null]”. New app cant find lights consistently, more often than not when i look at app they’re not found. “Tech support “ says they see them when logged to my gateway and seem to suggest it’s something with my network

Let me know how you make out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old app is working fine for me so I'm not even going to try the new one (not sure what it adds and it is only a month old so I'll let them work the bugs out).

So far I'm very pleased, I bought this to replace a sbreef that was producing to much of a hot spot in the middle. I have a shallow tank 7" tall and I want to grow sps though the whole thing so I needed even par over the whole tank. I was seriously considering t5's as most higher end led options have very uneven par distribution at the 6" range due to their puck style led setup. My other option was multiple kessils 360we's or radion x15w's mounted very high to even out the par.

This shallow tank is a temporary tank and will eventually be replaced with a 36"x24" x 18" tall rimless tank so I wanted something that would work over that tank when I got it later this year.

After pulling out the par meter I'm very happy at 12" above the tank and 25% power I have an even 200 par over every part of the 24"x12" tank. I will slowly ramp up to 33% which was showing about 280 par over the whole tank I took these readings at about 5" which is where most of my sps are mounted.

This even par means almost double the available space in my tank for frags which means WWC will be getting an order soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskylen is offline   Reply With Quote