d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greech View Post
Wow, just wow. Nice job.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyammieguy View Post
You should get tank of the year for the next ten years. Beautiful.
Can I come live with you? Lol
Haha, thank you.
Can you cook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrx View Post
Wow! Just gorgeous!! Oh, the tanks nice, too. Haha. Everything's gorgeous!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaferret View Post
Beautiful!-The only thing that would bother me -is the light set up on the diagonal?-Man I'm so pitiful for even complaining-everything is top notch-Nice house and killer kitch.!!!
Thanks! I know what you're saying, it's just hard to see from the pics what's going on. If you look at this earlier pic I posted, this is probably the orientation of the light that most people would have done.

But as you can see the stand itself (maybe not perfectly set yet in that photo) is on a 45 degree angle to the room. IMHO, orienting the stand this way allowed for optimal viewing from different angles and almost begs you to walk around it. It also places the corner overflow at the very rear, closest to the windows. So now my corner overflow in a square tank has become a rear overflow in a diamond tank. Now if you look at that pic above and imagine that big overflow box is installed, you will see that a good portion of that one corner of the light would be over the overflow, which is a waste.
So what I decided to do was position the light at a 45 degree angle to the tank. What this does is make the length of the light fixture parallel to the front face of the overflow. If you were to stand directly in front of the tank, facing the windows and the front corner of the tank, the light is sitting perfectly "normal" as if you were in front of a regular tank. Does that make sense? It's hard to describe. It's more like the fixture is hung normal, but the tank is at a 45 degree angle.
Basically, when you're standing there in front of the tank, it all looks perfectly normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briney Dave View Post
If the biotic matchs the a-biotic you have already; that will be the best cube I have ever seen. It is refreshing to see such a well planned and careful build.

I have been lucky enough to vist Houston a couple of times. Great city, I love the energy and diversity. The clean lines against the windows and outside sort of remind me of the spirit of the town. Familiar yet new

Very well done
Thanks!
We actually went against the grain of the typical housing mentallity in Houston. Typically, they just knock down the "old" (houston is not very old at all!) and throw up huge monstrosities. But we took our new to us untouched 1960 "modern" ranch home and gutted it on the inside and made it modern for today. The exterior, other than a coat of paint and a lot more windows, is the same. So people drive up and it mostly just looks like any other old house on the street. Then they are surprised when they enter the home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnml View Post
Looking great, Dennis. What kind of sand are you going to be putting in there?
All rock, sand and cuc will be coming from Tampa Bay Saltwater. So whatever sand is sitting in the Gulf off of Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cet98 View Post
Dennis....eveything continues to impress
question for you, what dimension is the water line below the top edge of the tank?
Thank you.
The water sits at 7/8's of an inch from the top edge of the tank.
In the overflow it's sitting at about 2.5" from the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevantheman35 View Post
man it just gets better and better, this tank is amazing
Thanks!

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote