View Single Post
Unread 11/13/2015, 03:34 PM   #21
jason2459
Registered Member

Thanks for the input. Since I really only target under 5 looking from above will be painless and good enough for me with the Salifert kit.

It's looking like I'm going to have two more rounds of tests coming up. I've acquired enough PO4 kits to do a PO4 kit shootout like this nitrate one. It'll be Hanna Low Range Phosphate checker, Hanna ULR checker, Salifert, Seachem, and Elos Pro. Against each other. Only one I don't have yet is the Elos Pro which I should have next week and the AWT kit which I was hoping to have today. I have the Triton kit in hand already.

Then I'll do the all out battle vs. AWT and Triton. Though I'll cut back on which tests I'll do based on which two PO4 and Nitrate kits I like better. I would be surprised if one of them isn't the Hanna ULR Checker but my preference was changed in regards to Nitrates so I'll keep an open mind.

It'll end up being

Cal: API, Salifert, AWT, Triton
Alk: API, Salifert, AWT
Mg: Salifert, RedSea Pro, AWT, Triton
Nitrates: Salifert, RedSea Pro, AWT
P: TBD, TBD, AWT, Triton

Then AWT tests vs Triton where they test for the same things.

Plus, all my probes (pH, Salinity, Temp, Orp) just because they are super quick and already mostly logged.

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote