View Single Post
Unread 02/05/2018, 09:08 AM   #45
Thornbreaker
Registered Member

Last week I attempted to test out the overflow on the main display tank and in the process begin loose fitting/sizing my plumbing. However, from the pics above you can see the damage I was dealing with on one of the bulkheads that occurred during delivery. I was unable to get that to be leak free after trying the patch and multiple ABS bulkheads. I contacted SC Aquariums again, and due to the damage they are kindly sending me a new 150 gallon tank. It arrives this week, woohoo!

In other news, my ammonia finally hit zero last week as well, so I went to the fish store on super bowl sunday and got a baby snowflake clown and baby regular ole Nemo. I'll be trying out the Tank Transfer Method for the first couple of weeks. And then I'll move them to my 20 gallon for a good extra quarantine period (until main tank is ready).

At this point, I'm hoping to have the main tank up and cycled by May at the latest (doing some heavy traveling in April, probably start cycling then).

So far the new fish were happily swimming around this morning and eating well after being pretty shy last night. I'm using 5 gallon buckets for the TTM. I will likely treat with Prazi on the 2nd session and 4th sessions. I have some extra equipment coming in on Wednesday, so I'm hoping I beat the 72 hour clock for the first transfer, otherwise I'll restart the first session on Wednesday evening.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote