View Single Post
Unread 09/05/2017, 04:15 PM   #1
Krzydmnd
Registered Member

Krzydmnd Biocube 32 Build

Hi folks!

I'm new to the forum and salt tanks. I did a ton of research (but still never enough) on the hobby and went w/ the Biocube as a base-build because its the right size for my apartment and I like the aesthetics of the tank. Ultimately I'm going to get into corals as my tank conditions and my skills improve. The system is actually pretty decent for a 'starter' although I've already spent more on upgrades than I did on the tank, but I knew that going in...

I've learned so much from this forum and I'm excited to get in to this amazing animal culture!

Here are my starting upgrades so far...

-InTank media basket w/ Purigen bag, ceramic disks and poly filter in compartment 2.
-Heater in compartment one although I haven't used it yet. My H2O temps are right around 80.
- Nano 425 Power Head (one so far but looks like I need one more)
- 34 lbs of live rock, 3" live sand
- Steve's LED kit is on the way and should be here this week!
- I bought a WC-1 Aquamaxx Skimmer because I swear I read that it would fit w/ the INTank media basket. I didn't have much luck, but my tank was already full so I don't have the luxury of really getting in there to see if I can make it work.
- I bought the stand that goes with the tank, and it looks nice, but it's not sturdy (goes together like Ikea furniture) so I reinforced it with some brackets.

My first livestock:
-pair of DaVinci Clowns
-pair of Cleaner Shrimp
-5 Turbo Snails
-Conch snail
-Green Pipe Organ Coral
-got a few brittle stars, Asterina Star (got rid of him already) and at least one Collonista snail as Hitch hikers!

I have a 10g QT tank setup as well.

I'll try to update here as my build continues, the good and the unexpected!

Some Pics

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tank 9-5.jpg (79.5 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg fish.jpg (92.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg green pipe organ.jpg (67.0 KB, 54 views)
Krzydmnd is offline   Reply With Quote