View Single Post
Unread 08/21/2017, 08:40 PM   #54
Clowning_Around
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ughb0y View Post
What paint did you use to paint the pvc?
It looks very nice.
Thanks. For the interior I used Krylon fusion for plastics (online avail mainly). For the external plumbing i used rustoleum's painters 2X (HD carries). The later product covering much better, a single coat was enough but I applied a second with some touchup. The Fusion took many coats, you habe to be careful to avoid rins b/c it gors pn watery looking. It probably took 4 coats. The sheen is in my opinion what makes it look good for this application I used a flat finish. Satin wpuld be the highest I would use bit prefer the flat. If you want the shinny or plastic look you can go with rhe glosses but remeber it doesnt hide imperfections aswell instead it will more likely raise attention to them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Custom Oak Stand | 75G FO Display | 40G Breeder Sump | MarinePure Ceramic Media Plate | Eshopps x-120 skimmer | Mag9 Return | Aqua Ultraviolet Advantage 2000+ 15w
Clowning_Around is offline   Reply With Quote