View Single Post
Unread 06/27/2017, 12:06 PM   #17
extendedmango
Registered Member

College nano plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
That's a nice looking drawing and tank desing, like the cover for the sump area.
Don't take this the wrong way, I don't have experience building tanks, and I don't know if you do or not, but I personally wouldn't do it. Imho it's not worth the risk damaging someone else's property. Yes, you could probably get away with having a 10g display and ~4g sump, but if things go south the first thing they will do or their insurance will do is find a way to blame you.
I would get a real tank especially if you're going to be moving it around a lot. Not sure what your budget is, but I think a nuvo fusion 10g is around 100$. which can't be much more than what you'd spend on glass, acrylic, pump, etc.

But if you do build your own, good luck and make sure to include a lot of pictures [emoji106]

I was going to get the fusion peninsula 14g at first but I wanted a larger refugium than the 1/2 gallon provided. That is what drove me to to build my own but I also have zero experience in building aquariums. Maybe I should break a ten gallon down into glass sheets and glue them together then test the tanks ability to hold water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by extendedmango; 06/27/2017 at 12:26 PM.
extendedmango is offline   Reply With Quote