View Single Post
Unread 09/23/2004, 07:46 AM   #59
PorcupinesRule
Registered Member

I have a Regal that I got from a lfs on the gulf coast in fl. on vacation. It was a steal at $59 and eating. It survived a 24 hr. trip home due to the repackaging by the nice folks at Tampa Bay Saltwater which we also stopped at. Anyhow, it relishes frozen clams and squid ( both plain and with garlic and selcon) and cyclop-eeze so far. It also eats julian sprung sea veggies from a clip. It does ignore the mysis I've offered.

So here's my question:Most (if not all) of the posts I've read have their regal's in reefs. Mine is currently in an 80g Fowlr. I've got the impression from the thread that some of these guys are real timid. Mine's got some potentially obnoxious roomates:

5in. volitans lion, 3.5 in. dragon wrasse, 3.5 narrow-lined puffer, and 3.5 in. neon/arabian dottyback. oh and a large coral banded shrimp).

It seems to be doing fine, I have'nt had it for that long though, around 3 weeks. It's not timid and comes to eat with the rest of the fish.

I want to know if you think it would possibly do better in: A) my 180g Fowlr (7.5 in porcupine puffer, 8 in. lunare wrasse, 4.5-5 in niger trigger, 5 .5 in bluethroat trigger, 6 in toadfish, 5 in. some sort of yellow lion (fuzzy dwarf maybe).We used to have a Koran in here who just died after 8 mos. or so, I would love to have another angel in here.
or my other option choice B: a 75g reef. If you think it's imperative that they be in reef environment I would be willing to move an inhabitant or 2 from that tank into another to accomodate the regal.
So please any opinions are greatly appreciated. I ordered the scott micheal angels and butterflys book from marine depot yesterday for $29.95. Sorry for the extra long post =)

PorcupinesRule is offline   Reply With Quote