Unread 03/08/2016, 11:57 AM   #22
pinnatus
RIP Ludinano

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabjr View Post
Pinnatus,

What size are the two emperors now?
How long have you had them?
Have you had any aggression or other compatibility problems between them?

I first saw a juvenile emperor angel when I was diving on a tilla in the Maldives. I thought it was the most beautiful fish I had ever seen. I spent hundreds of dives thereafter hoping to see another. I never did. Then one day in a live fish store, I could not believe my eyes. There in an aquarium...I was looking at a beautiful blue small angel with its white rings.

I was stunned.

And you have a pair! They are beautiful. Congratulations on your success with them.

Fabjr
I would guess they around 8" and 9" now maybe. I have had them around 3 to 3 1/2 years now. I got the smaller one first and maybe 4 months later got the larger. Somewhere around here I have a thread that documented the change over a six month period one month at a time. They don't really hang out together much, but don't seem to fight either. The larger of the two grunts at the other fish all the time. You can hear it from across the room. He is grouchy. But aside from that, all is peaceful in the tank.

They must have come from different parts of the world, because the smaller is growing a filament on its dorsal fin, while the larger does not.

Here is an old video, when one had mostly changed and the other is still a juvenile:

Current Tank Info: 240 gal Fish-Only, 13-gal w/ clowns

Last edited by pinnatus; 03/08/2016 at 12:08 PM.
pinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote