View Single Post
Unread 03/29/2018, 07:27 PM   #28
Sisterlimonpot
R.C. Fraternity President

Quote:
Originally Posted by halmus View Post
Hiding the Apex cables in the wall takes this to a new level of build. I’m glad you’re planning ahead a little with extra cables you don’t have a need for immediately.

Have you considered running a conduit of some sort to the various corners of the room? Something you could fish data cables through in the future as needed?

I ended up just using cable raceway outside of the walls because the design changed 10 times before I was done. This is a far cleaner install.
Where was this idea 2 weeks ago????

I did think about it and ruled out that idea because as much as it seems like I have hard fast plans on where everything is going to go, I don't. Usually I wouldn't be able to tell you what is going where a week from now, but when it's 7 days later I can tell you my exact plan, and that's bound to change many times in the course of the day. So running conduit at specific end points would have limited me to those points.

Looking back on what I did and how much wire I snaked through the wall, I would definitely lean towards the using conduit. Although, if I really wanted to, I can find those data cables anywhere in the wall and tap into them from that location, if it was conduit I couldn't do that. 6 of one, half dozen of the other....

Dishes are done man!

Current Tank Info: 300 in progress
Sisterlimonpot is offline   Reply With Quote