View Single Post
Unread 02/01/2018, 05:21 PM   #81
LobsterOfJustice
Recovering Detritophobe

I still would like to continue discussing possible treatment options that don't require removing all your coral from the tank. For me, this is not possible. First of all, due to corals being encrusted all over the rock, and second of all, due to vermetids being encrusted all over the corals.

I have been dosing ground CaCO3 several times a week without results (this is supposed to work the same as Coral Snow and remove particulates from the water column. I have also been feeding less and only feeding big particles (I used to feed lots of small foods) in an effort to starve them out. That doesnt seem to be working particularly well either... I think I'm seeing an overall decrease in biodiversity (i.e. I'm starving everyone out) and the diamond gobies seem to stir up a never-ending supply of detritus for them to feed on (I am heavily stocked with fish).

I'm wondering if going the route of poisoned food could be promising. Maybe using seachem Focus to bind a particular medication/chemical to a fine particulate food, and then broadcast feeding 1-2x daily. They will consume more than anything else so even something that would otherwise damage other inverts would be selectively consumed by them. Or possibly super ich shield pellets (which contain CP) ground into a powder?

I remember when zoanthids were called things like "green" and "orange" and not "reverse gorilla nipple."

Current Tank Info: 180g reef with all the bells and whistles
LobsterOfJustice is offline   Reply With Quote