View Single Post
Unread 08/01/2010, 09:19 AM   #20
tbo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scolley View Post
Actually I disagree and appreciate the post. This topic may have been discussed in many other places, but I've never seen a thread devoted to the question of whether or not standard LED selection produce a light color that has esthetically pleasing color rendition when compared to more traditional lighting. So unless there is another thread devoted to this exact topic, I'd just as soon see more people bring their experiences forward.

This is WAY too important a subject to be only covered as OT discussions buried in threads of different sub-topics. IMO it deserves it's own thread.

So, my request is...

If you've got an experience with this question - please, by all means post. This is the place. And if you've got a link to another location where this has been posted, please post a link. And for goodness sakes, if your prior discussion was in one of the many LED threads that have become so long as to effectively useless, please provide a post number along with the link.

Thanks.
Agreed. I am also in the process of planning a 120G reef and thought I had narrowed the lighting down to the Ecoxotic Panorama LED system (2 panels), but this issue raised with LEDs is making me a little concerned. I want the tank to run as cool and quiet as possible (I want to get away with no chiller), but I do not want to invest that kind of $$$ only to discover that the color limitations of LEDs make them suck compared to traditional fixtures. I will be watching this post closely for everyones experiences and/or recommendations. It also seems like there are more and more LED systems coming on the market, so to the extent that anyone knows of ones that are better at creating the right color spectrum, that would be very helpful.

tbo is offline   Reply With Quote