View Single Post
Unread 03/13/2018, 03:31 PM   #44
clownfish4
Registered Member

My livestock arrived around 10 AM this morning. I made the foolish mistake of thinking I would receive four bags, one for the wrasse, one for the two cleaner shrimp, one for the gobies and pistol shrimp, and one for the motipora. I should have known better; every specimen was bagged individually, which makes sense. Needless to say, I was not prepared for this:

Untitled by Mike Burns, on Flickr

So, what do we do when we're caught off guard, improvise! Fish went into the sump to acclimate:

Shrimp and coral went into a 5g bucket with a heater to acclimate:

They all drip acclimated for about 2 hours, then I put the two skunk cleaners and the montipora into the main tank. Next I put the pistol shrimp in the breeder box and what happened, he slipped right through the slots in the bottom and was roaming between the bottom and netting Next I put the two gobies in the breeder box, no issue there, then put the wrasse in the other side.

About an hour later, the wrasse slipped through the tiny slits and wedged himself between the netting and bottom So, I loosened the netting to give him some room. I put the larger goby in the main tank, though he nearly landed on the floor because he jumped out of the box when I tried to get him. Now the box is tilted on the side and I am patiently waiting for the smaller goby and wrasse to swim out. Then I'll put the pistol shrimp near the gobies.

Best laid plans always change! I'll post more pics once everyone starts cooperating. I mean, if they start cooperating.

clownfish4 is offline   Reply With Quote