View Single Post
Unread 09/07/2015, 10:47 AM   #1734
Quiet_Ivy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAustin View Post
Maybe you folks on this thread can help me out. What algae is it that you can see when you shut all the pumps off and inject air bubbles? I can't see it with my eyes, but if I inject a bunch of microbubbles and shut the pumps off you can see the bubbles form strands.

Any help would be appreciated

v/r

Jason
Well, I get a clear snot like formation with very short strands on my glass. It's NOT the usual yellow tinted stuff I have everywhere else and I can only see it when my skimmer's having conniptions and ejecting microbubbles. It's impossible to get a good picture of it and it doesn't really feel like anything.

That said, I don't know that it's dinoflagellates. Many types of green algae can be clear before they get going with the chlorophyll. Hydroids can be clear and have long filaments. It could even be a bacterial overgrowth (not likely in my tank but if you are carbon dosing perhaps in yours). Is it bothering any of the animals in your tank?

not too specific on a rainy, cold Labour Day
Ivy

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote