View Single Post
Unread 09/03/2014, 04:31 PM   #45
Reduck
Because I can....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlapinta View Post
I am a new owner of a fusion 40. I could use some help. I am battling an algae problem and could use help. Every day on the top flat part of my rock there is a covering of reddish brown algae. I tried blowing it off with a turkey baster but it comes back. I have my maspect razor light set for under 50% intensity and just lowered it a little more. I added 2 Jebao WP10s for more flow. I am running chemipure elite, purigen and filter floss. I have one IM media basket set up on one side with the filter floss on top, then purigen, then the chemipure elite. I don't have any other filter media on the other side. I am doing 3 gallon water changes weekly. I have 25 lbs of live rock and I have live sand. The tank was set up in April so it is fairly new. The only thing I am not running is a skimmer because I was undecided which one to buy. I have 2 clownfish and 1 sand sifting goby and assorted snails. I have cut down on feeding my fish. I use only RO/DI water. Would the skimmer help to get this under control? Any other suggestions?
How long is your light cycle? What's your water tests show?
You could try no lights for 3 days. That's always worked for me...but if your phosphates are high...it'll just come back. How often do you feed?
Skimmer will help some...not all.
How often do you change cpe?
Sorry for all the questions..you could try to post same in water chemistry forum..

Current Tank Info: CADlights SAIO 75G, control, dosing and feeding by Apex, lights and pumps by Ecotech, ATO by Tunze, Skimmer by Bubble Magus, Reactor by Innovative Marine
Reduck is offline   Reply With Quote