View Single Post
Unread 11/07/2017, 05:24 PM   #7
garygb
Registered Member

The column looks characteristically crispa, as do the tentacles, so I don't think you have a malu. As far as condition, it does look somewhat bleached, but crispas are often bleached when they come in. And if it is otherwise healthy, it should recover the zooxanthellae assuming the light is reef quality and the water parameters are good, e.g., sg 1.025-1.026, temp is 78-82F, and preferably nitrates are undetectable. I would refrain from feeding the anemone for about a week after adding to your tank. Allow the anemone to settle and then slowly attempt fresh seafood such as a pea size piece of table shrimp, or a similar size piece of squid, or a few mysis. Mine also will eat tilapia, but freshwater fish tend not to be as rich in omega fatty acids, so perhaps not the best food for regular or long-term feeding, but fine for an occasional feeding. Don't try to feed it if its foot is not securely attached. Sometimes an anemone will take food in, but regurgitate it a few hours later when not attached. I currently have a crispa that was bleached when I first got it. Providing the anemone good water parameters and light should bring it back to robust health, assuming there isn't a tear on the foot or an internal infection. For now, just focus on providing the above mentioned conditions.

garygb is offline   Reply With Quote