View Single Post
Unread 04/26/2012, 05:28 AM   #8
Guygettnby
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Biscuit View Post
I was also looking at the JBJ 28 intermediate led tank, is this enough light for LPS? I don't have to go SPS, but for the price of the advanced led tank I'd be better off getting a used cube & going w/ AI or Kessil for lighting.
my thing was i didnt want to put together a tank as of right now. i wanted everything to look stock and be a closed unit. otherwise i would be putting something together. my wife would also prefer this kind of setup, so thats what i have to get.

the advance LED tank would be nice but the price is alittle higher then i wanted to pay right now and not to mention i would have no control over the color of the tank. i like a bluer looking tank and with the HQI tank i can always put in a 20k bulb or the pheonix 14k wich i used to run in the past and love.

lastly being that i have never run LED's in a tank before i have no clue what it is capable of growing as far as corals. thats one of the reasons i made this thread along with the filtration difference. the only nano tank setup like these i have ever used was a 24g aquapod that i modded and it used none of the stock equipment at all.

Guygettnby is offline   Reply With Quote