View Single Post
Unread 05/18/2017, 10:42 PM   #2585
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

No, I haven’t worried about rust. I don’t think it’s an issue. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong!

I was poking around my LFS today, looking for aquatic plant tabs and found some, for lilies, lotuses and marginals. They had two packs left that looked to have been around awhile. I’ve been looking for a tab that has a high amount of phosphate, for the seagrasses. They prefer root uptake of phosphate. These fit the bill, with 26% phosphate-the most I’ve ever come across. I cut off a chunk and placed it between a manatee grass and a shoal grass plant, for a test. Hopefully, I’ll get an uptick in growth. If so, I’ll add them all around the DSB. One downside is they are very crumbley. I may end up buying some gelatin capsules from the drug store and crushing the tabs up, to encapsulate them. I could barely get the first one in the sand before it started dissolving in the water.

Since I’m seeing progress in macro growth now, I’d like to get the grasses growing faster than they have thus far, since hypo treatment.

I did a little tidying up today, removing lose macro frags that have been tumbling around. I also noticed that my purple sponges were a bit covered in detritus, so I took the turkey baster to them. They are so pretty - and small, but I do believe they are growing.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote