View Single Post
Unread 02/13/2018, 04:55 PM   #12
aussiemantis
Registered Member

very very cool little fish, i have 3 males and 6 females. they are very social with each other
and with me. they have the cutest little face and mouth, they are comb toothed. they are known as the brachiosaurus blenny. in australia we call them oyster blenny and if you do a google search you should see that the pictures of the fish are recognizable in both the US and AUSTRALIA. this is because they share the same habitat, both the coast of australia and the coast of mexico. there are other species that look identical too, in other parts of the world (france and germany's coast). there version is the Salaria pavo or peacock blenny. it's basically the same thing but with different colouration. amazing how nature works. they are super interactive. watching them graze on algae is the cutest. the way they munch and look up at you and pause. then continue munching ahahaha. they follow your finger around. when they are hungry they will beg for food. i'm pretty sure they can be trained to eat from your hand as well, they are super interactive. i've got a picture of one when i took him out of the water to move to another tank while cleaning his holding tank. i have him in my hand and he's like a blob of blue jelly with a smiley face. ahahahahaha
anyways if anyone can provide details of their reproductive nature that would be awesome!

aussiemantis is offline   Reply With Quote