View Single Post
Unread 08/08/2012, 01:22 PM   #28
bnumair
Dr. Reef at ur service

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy69 View Post

1. I recently had a Powder Blue that I didn't quarantine get ich, I luckily got him out at the first signs, and saved the rest of the fish. But I did my first Cupramine dosage in the QT tank. Now that the tank has had Cupramine, do I have to do anything in particular? Can I still put new fish in the QT to do observation before added to my DT?
First off if u noticed ich on your PBlue in your main tank then it might already be too late for the rest of the fish as well. (just my opinion) watch them closely.
Also after medicating your QT with copper you dont really have to break it down to make it an observation tank. I always do water changes in QT after weeks of treatment to bring the copper down to as close to 0 as possible then i use cuprisorb till all the copper is gone turning the QT to hospital tank.

2. I know that now that I have added cupramine, I shouldn't ever add the rock, heater, filters or water to my DT, but I did happen to do a water change on my QT with the same hose I usually use for my DT water changes last night. Should I get a new hose for water changes on the DT now?
i would avoid using anything that u use in main tank just to be on the safe side.

3. When taking the fish out of QT after medicating, are there any steps that I need to take before putting him back in to the DT? Or just the regular water changes until copper is low after medicating?
medication time: (6 weeks in my case)(first 2 weeks at low strength, then 2-3 weeks full strength and last 2 with water changes back to 0)
to ur question yes i do have a few steps i take to ready transfer. after weeks of treatment i start doing water changes till my seachem copper test kits dont show copper anymore. then i use cuprisorb to make sure for few weeks.Then the final day of transfer i give fish a bath in a bucket with water from main tank and net it out after 10-15min to main.

4. Should I have a light on it? The room does get light and dark with the window in the room.
lights are not a must but are good to observe. i do have a cheap t5 fixture with just 2 50/50 bulbs.

"Reef Fast, You Crash, Reef Slow, You Pass" Mike's Reef 3:16

Current Tank Info: 350g DT,95g sump, 50g Frag tank, 4800gph return 4x Sea swirls. 6x AI Vega Color. 200# Pukani rock, dual recirculating skimmer, Biopellet, GFO Carbon rx's, Cal rx. Closed loop. 1.5hp chiller, genesis renew. Apex & RKE
bnumair is offline   Reply With Quote