View Single Post
Unread 01/11/2014, 10:35 AM   #109
Thales
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
At the same time there's no denying that un detectable nitrates and low po4 readings are a BIG part of many many successful sps tanks these days...Just look at the Totm tanks... The common denominator to the majority of them over the last few years has been low nitrate and low phosphates, many base their tanks around keeping those 2 numbers in check..
Maybe. I am not sure that TOTM tanks are the end all of reefkeeping - there are lots of tanks in the world that are never discussed on RC at all. All too often I think online reef communities get insular which I think stunts the growth of the hobby in general.

Quote:
And with the right setup..
I don't know what a 'right setup' is. There are a million ways to skin a reef and I just wrote above about not liking reef recipes at all.

Quote:
There's not much extra cost or work involved to keep everything in check.
That seems to be in the eye of the beholder.

Quote:
It's all fine and we'll to say extreme levels of po4 are working for u.. But in my tank I notice sps loosing colors when my po4 starts to creep up, simple solution is to change my GFO and everything is peachy again.. Thinking back it seems this is the case for many others here as well
In no way am I telling anyone what to do, in fact above I argued against telling other people what to do.

Current Tank Info: 150 mixed reef with a 180 remote sump • 250 gallon fish breeding system • 200 gallon cephalopod breeding system • 212,000 gallon reef tank at work
Thales is offline   Reply With Quote