View Single Post
Unread 12/13/2010, 10:16 AM   #39
beuchat
Registered Member

I came home for lunch and have a look. In the main tank the blue hadonni was deflating again.. In another rock I have a h. crispa wich has been with me since last september. Some days ago I saw the crispa a bit small but did not give any importance, but today is very small, with many mesenteric filaments coming out from one side of pedal disk (which acording to Sprung means normally a physical agression). I saw previosly a small crab, so maybe he has been picking him.

I feel a kind of "chemical" comunication between the anemones when they deflate, are stressed or ill. ¿Is there a possibility for aleopathy or just transfer of bacteria from one to another?. I removed the crispa to another qt bucket, in that moment the hadonni closed his moth ¿?. Maybe the crispa started the illness and trasnfer the bacteria to the gigantea and the hadonni?. I will place in the tank a crab trap tonight.

The green gigantea in QT has not deflated again, he is inflated and lookin healthy but the mouth is not complete closed. This is the only reason that makes me still not want to return him to the main tank. I have placed over the bucket a small light (lourenscent tube). I remember that light was "helping" deflation in the aquarium. Let´s see the reaction with the antibiotic now.

I will edit the post later to include photos.

Thanks a lot for the info provided!.

beuchat is offline   Reply With Quote