View Single Post
Unread 09/25/2017, 03:07 PM   #99
nightOwl
Premium Member

09/20/2017 - Plumbed Water Storage Tanks

I finished plumbing the tanks together. There are a lot of values but basically I can get water from either tank by gravity. The Reefflo Hybrid is set up so I can pull water from the fresh water tank and push it to mixing tank. Once the water is pushed to the mixing tank I turn another value and I can circulate the water in the mixing tank. I tried it out and mixed up 40 gallons of water. I still need to test that there are not leaks at the uni-seal. The pressure of the water is less than I thought it would be but the water mixes all the same.

IMG_9687 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr
09/21/2017 - Backsplash in Frag Tank Area- WIP

After thinking looking at my temp set up and salt spray that is bound to happen when moving things around in the frag tank I decided I needed a backsplash. I ran out and got some Mastic from HD and went to the garage to get my trowels from a previous project. This is also a way to get some practice for the backsplash in my walk-up bar area. I plan to finish this in the next few days.

IMG_9688 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr