Thread: Help ID anemone
View Single Post
Unread 12/14/2017, 12:51 PM   #82
allendehl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfan151 View Post
Tentacles don’t look bad to me. I’d do whatever you can to put that rock near the top, in a place with good flow, and with the anemone pointing towards the light. Even if it’s only somewhere temporarily until it eventually hopefully moves on it’s own. If it were me, I’d cut the rock in half if I had to. Definitely don’t put it down at the sandbed like it was before. Or, If you can prop the rock up against another taller rock so the anemone touches the other rock it should move to the higher rock at some point. When it goes back in the display you want to make sure everything is as perfect as possible for it while it’s still settling in.
Got it!...will figure out a way. It will be hard to play with the rock-scaping with the nem attached to it. I'm afraid to clip it against another rock. Also, to break the rock I'll have to do it out of the water.
Stubborn nem picked the bigger rock to attach to.

Now, me being a paranoid pita (I apologize in advance). In the third pic, towards the right you see those tentacles way thinner and smaller than the nice inflated ones. Is it a normal process?

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 350 (72G) | Jebao DCT 4000 (1056 GPH Max) | Reef Octopus 152-S | 2 X Jebao PP8 (2100 GPH Max)
allendehl is offline   Reply With Quote