View Single Post
Unread 10/29/2017, 09:43 AM   #1
navychief
"Shellback"

Not sure what's going on...

Hello Guys/Gals

Been awhile since I've posted this conundrum. This has been plaguing me for some time. I have what I believe are Green Botton Polyps (identify to confirm?). They have not been opening completely for about two years now. The individual stalks used to open up with their tentacles fully extended (First photo) and was beautiful.

As far as placement in the tank, you'll see that they're to the left side of the tank which means not directly under the LEDs (Second photo). Not enough or too much light?

The third photo shows how they've looked for quite a long time.

I'm really at a loss as to what caused this changed. Thought maybe the Pox?. The first photo was in the first tank I had them. That tank was torn down and everything eventually moved to the tank that's in this photo. The move wasn't the problem since they started closing up like this when they were in the old tank.

I want to start building my reef, but I'm afraid to buy more corals until I can get this problem figured out.

Here are my parameters:

Tank over year old
Temp 77-78
SG 1.026
Alk 12
Calc 400
pH 8.1 to 8.3
Phos 0.0 (Hannah instruments)
lighting: Radion XR30w Pro
Dosing: Kalkwasser drip w/ PM reactor

Water changes are conducted every Sunday or Monday. I change 7 gallons from a 70 gallon Cadlight. I have a sump with cheato, biopellets, and carbon.

Thanks,

navyvchief out

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.jpg (108.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg tank.jpg (73.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg no open up.jpg (103.7 KB, 47 views)
navychief is offline   Reply With Quote