View Single Post
Unread 01/30/2007, 12:41 PM   #18
casingbill
Registered Member

I sent D&D an email to find someone in my area. Here is there response if anyone is interested. BTW...the hokey comment came from local board.

I’m interested in the Terminator II protein skimmer. I like the idea of being able to buy quality American products. Problem is, I’m having a hard time finding any one that has one. I’ve posted on reefcentral.com but no one really knows about it. Most think it looks hokey. Anyway, do you know of any fish stores in the MY area that may be using one of these. Really just looking for some positive feedback. Thanks.

Bill

Hello Bill,

Thank you for contacting us about our products. Let me know what area you are in and I will see what I can do for you.

As far as comments on any web site about our products or anyone else's. Try to look mostly at comments made by people with direct experience with any product.
When I see comments on any product like “ it looks hokey” it get concerned that someone does not have any experience with the product on which to base an opinion, but rather than say that, they feel they must have an opinion.

Our products market into several countries that have very demanding markets and do very well. We have been in the trade for over twenty years. D &D Marine Enterprises has been around longer than most that are out there today. Over the years we were better know in many European markets than here in the states. This was because we produced mainly hand made equipment that was very pricy. When we opened our new factory we went to molding and were able to bring down prices and come back to looking at taking a bigger chunk of the U.S. market, this realignment only began a little over a year ago. Some people out there may also remember us for producing a skimmer called the “BEAST”. It was ranked #1 or 2 in surveys for many years.

The Terminator II is actually a second generation unit copying the “Terminator”, it was designed and hand made specifically for the Germany market. After we opened the new factory we began using the same design but molding it to bring down costs.

I have attached some comments that have been sent to us from users. These comments were NOT requested by us, people simply felt they needed to let us know how they liked the product.

I hope some of this helps you.

On 11/6/06 2:11 PM, "WaltXXXX@aol.com" wrote:
I recently purchased a Terminator II and have been more than satisfied with its performance.

Over the years I have used various skimmers, both HOT and in-sump types. All have shown great variability in foam dryness and protein extraction as the water level in the sump or tank changed within what I would otherwise call acceptable limits. Your model is much more consistent in my application. Once the unit had "broken in" it immediately began removing stuff that my previous HOT, presumably designed to handle up to twice my aquarium capacity, had left behind.

Great Product.

I would like to let you know how happy I am with your skimmer!
I recently purchased a terminator II skimmer and WOW dose it skim!
It is pulling out crap I never even knew was in my reef !
I have tried Kxxx, rxx xxx, Maxxxx xxxx, Axxx C, Aqxx xxxxx, and
proxxxxx skimmers and this little sucker SMASHES them all !!
I dont even have to adjust it ! Not even after water changes or top offs!
I set it at the recomended level and VIOLA!

Thank you for finaly making a high performance recircualting skimmer affordable tothe average Joe like myself!

Duane Jxxxxxx
Cincinnati, Ohio

On 6/26/06 5:25 PM, "Duane" wrote:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

> Hey you guys are GREAT!!!
>
> I may have sent you a new wholesale client as well.
> ( he has ordered a little bit here and there from you before but I think he
> is ready to go all out with you now.)

> The owners name is Dave and he is a realy great guy.
> I told him how reliable, user friendly, powerfull, and hands off your skimmer
> is and he is VERY interested in finding out how he can carry this line in his
> store.
>
> I am a DIE HARD sceptic and Dave knows this.
> I am one of the pickiest customers he has ever had LOL!
> ( And he will tell you this!) when he saw how much I loved this skimmer he
> knew I wasnt messing around.
> I realy have tried all of the skimmers, and the terminator II beats
> them for its "set it and forget it" capabilities alone.
> I have yet to have it go "skitzoid" on me when I have just added dechlorinated
> top off water or when I am dosing my reef.
> I have not had to adjust it whe the water level drops, and
> Its performance for the money I paid is out of this world.
> I just wish I had tried it sooner.
I'll tell you what threw me off from buying it. the slanted lid collection
> cup! LOL!!!!
> I had never seen any made like it and though this must not be a good one based
> on desing.
> BOY WAS I WRONG.
>
> Thank you once again!
>
> Caelin XXXXXX

Current Tank Info: AGA 90g reef in works,
casingbill is offline   Reply With Quote