View Single Post
Unread 10/10/2017, 06:42 AM   #2706
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripdad View Post
Thanks Matt. I've tried a 6 hour photoperiod but did not work for me, t5 only. I agree with you, Big E's colors are top notch, as are yours. I appreciate the info.
No problem, maybe height is playing a role? I remember Mhucasey playing around with the hieght of his fixture and getting better results..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
My goodness Matt. I missed a lot in several days. Nice updates. Great pictures and I really love that Robin hood frag.

Do you run kalkwasser? Could you give me a run down on your system as I'm thinking of incorporating it into my system. Thanks for any insight you can give.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Hey Brandon, thanks! Yes I do run kalk. I have a kamoer single motor doser designed for continuous use. I currently run it at 8ml/min from 7 pm to 11 am. Overnight. Really great pump that kamoer. It pumps ro water into a Deltec Kalk stirrer. I add kalk to it each weekend to keep it fresh and well saturated.
This is on top of the calcium reactor which has a pretty high flow through it so I don’t get particularly high kh coming out but high flow.. I do this because I find it easier to regulate the flow through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakie View Post
I was completely surprised by your lighting until I saw the 3 Metal Halides, lol. I forgot about the Ushio's. 4 AI Primes and 6 T5's seemed to be getting some intense results haha.
Yeah, I don’t even run the mh for very long but I think it puts thing over the top for photosynthesis and really makes the corals react but not for very long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloformAustria View Post
Holy moly Matt
Those FTS look incredible
Your tank is my favorite here!!!
Hey Flo thanks! That’s a very big compliment. Very nice to hear.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote