View Single Post
Unread 10/11/2017, 12:12 PM   #2720
gregkn73
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
I see. You have the same problem I have.. persistent po4.
Your denitrator is such a specific piece of equipment. Why not discontinue its use and see where n goes instead of using it and dosing n at the same time?
Google Donovan's denitrator, it is a thread here in diy , to see what it is exactly. I use it generally for increased bacteria population. I have noticed that only with increased bacteria population, I have very little film algae onto the glass. Before the reactor even with 0 po4, with Hanna 736, I have to clean the glass every 3-4 days. With optimum denitrator usage = splitting doses of 1ml carbon through out the day, without gfo and po4 between 0,15-0,2 I have to clean the glass most of the time every 6 days, so something good was happening in there:-) last month after the summer vacations , i started to clean more often the glass, even every other day, and small patches of cyano reappeared. So I thought to increase the dosages of 1 ml carbon from 7to 9 and dose some nano3 to increase bacteria population and bring down po4 and reduce cyano and frequency of film algae cleaning.

PS Today morning I dosed 5ml nano3, and I thing I am seeing now i am home,some more cyano, so maybe I should reconsider the above strategy[emoji15]

gregkn73 is offline   Reply With Quote