View Single Post
Unread 01/13/2016, 09:53 AM   #17
soulpatch
Registered Member

Thankfully this is in a basement so while I would need to replace carpeting and some trim the damage would be minimized at least.

On another note the Electrician is coming in a couple weeks to run my dedicated lines for the tank on GFI breakers. Going 20 amp breakers to have enough juice for everything. Also getting a generator transfer switch installed at the same time so I no longer need to run power cords into the home during power outages.

Trying to figure out how I want to do my water change station as well. I dont think I will be setting up my AWC pumps right away as I want hands on and to ensure stability before I automate that process. Just less things out of my hands to worry about at first as the big tank comes online. As it sits I am currently thinking of the following:

my 32 gall brute left as is collecting RODI water. Leave in my pump to pump water into my new 35 gallon holding tank. Holding tank has a bulkhead to tie off of that with on/off valve into a T fitting. One end of the T to the pump and the other end to another T which has valve with camber fitting to plug in a hose and valve to pipe returning to holding tank for mixing. Output from pump would be another valve and camber fitting to plug in hose line.

The way I think about this is that I could turn off water from the res and open the line from the camber valve to pump water out of the tank. The hose output on the pump would be to the sink. When I drained enough close off the input camber, flip the hoses, and turn on the res valve to pump water back in.

The stand for the salt res woudl be on wheels so I could wheel it out of the wifes way as needed or to do maintenance on other things.

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.

Last edited by soulpatch; 01/13/2016 at 10:01 AM.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote