View Single Post
Unread 02/06/2018, 05:35 AM   #801
homer1475
Registered Member

Got my overflow cover from steve finally(he mailed it 3 times yet only received 1). I had to redo my plumbing as using 1" fittings caused it to stick above the overflow, and the cover would not fit.

I redid all the return plumbing with 3/4" and did away with the dual locline on each side of the return. A nice perk to doing away with the dual returns nozzles is I have way more flow coming out of 2 nozzles then I did with 4. I was actually able to turn down my return pump from 95% to 70% yet still have the same flow in the tank and through the sump. I feel like with the dual return fans the pump was actually pushing against more head pressure, so instead of actually getting more flow with the higher percentage on the pump, I was just pushing against more head.

Either way it was a nice change.

Just curious though, my cover is just a piece of black acrylic with 3 extra strips on the sides to give it thickness. It just sits on top of the overflow? I was thinking it might actually clip on the edge of the overflow with a grooves in the acrylic. Soul is that how yours is, just sits on top of the overflow?

Lets see what else......
Got a call from the wife yesterday at work that the tank was going off(apex alarm). It seems the nano ATO brain box finally died and ignored all the safety features it has built in(won't run longer then X time, float tells it to shut off), and dumped all 5G of RO/DI into the tank. While everything looks ok and my sump can handle it, the salinity dropped to 1.024. Tunze 3155 ordered and I'll be topping off with SW for a couple days.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"

Last edited by homer1475; 02/06/2018 at 06:41 AM.
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote