View Single Post
Unread 02/12/2018, 01:09 PM   #32
Zalick
My reef tanks my wallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviluvrr View Post
Can the Weather effects be used, on the Mitras, without the controller?
I'd agree with Scott on this one. Having dove all over the world, and in plenty of thunderstorms and rolling clouds, I can say the change in conditions in our tank using these gimmicks is far more drastic and scary for the fish than thunderstorms in real life. For example, i'll start a dive in the bright tropical sun, while down there a thunderstorm will roll in. I can see the light dim a bit down at 40-60ft, but not drastically. The fish have no reaction, the clams don't close, the coral stays open and the fish don't react. Put those settings on your tank and everything reacts.

Corals and fish are very happy in their natural environment with the hot sun for weeks and weeks at a time.

As a side note: The temp of the water in Raja Ampat (Indonesia) is 86 degrees year round from the top of the reef down to 60-70ft.

Current Tank Info: Me v Dinos - I'm winning for now...
Zalick is offline   Reply With Quote