View Single Post
Unread 12/10/2014, 08:32 AM   #19
jroovers
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larcat View Post
Hi! Really looking forward to seeing this go forward. We have a very similar setup -- Peninsular rimless 38.5 gallon display with a bean animal.

Your 120 was... Perfect. No the absolute flashiest SPS tank I've ever seen, but just.... Elegant... Perfect. Is there a thread floating around?

Our tank has a similar scape, on a much smaller scale. 2 islands of live rock.
Can you shoot me a link to your thread, not sure that I have seen it, but given the similarities to my new build I'd love to look at it and get some ideas.

My old build is here. Far from perfect but I really came to love this setup, and I learned a ton. I wish I would have had another year with this setup. It was just reaching its full potential in my opinion when I had to tear it down due to our move. We closed on our sale and purchase on the same day, so it would have been way to crazy to try and move it to the new place and get it set up. The move was crazy as it was without the tank, I definitely made the right call.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...&highlight=120

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripdad View Post
Great to see you with a new tank, can't wait for the coral photo's to start. Love the idea of a photo gallery but stay out of that wine cellar before hanging the photo's....heehee. Really like the mission statement of this build too, I'm thinking we're getting close to not having to take so much from the ocean. Maybe in my lifetime I will see a fully captive grown hobby.
Lol the wine cellar is pretty much empty from the move! At least I won't have far to go when the reef gods are not in my favour and I am in need of a drink.

I am excited about the sourcing of corals for this build from other reefers. We're pretty lucky to have a good number of reefers in SW Ontario, and skilled ones at that (one need not go further than this month's TOTM for example, Sweetride's 110). It shouldn't be a problem to get frags from other reefers and fill a dozen tanks, let alone a 45 gallon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
Hey man, good to see you are running a tank again. Cant see any of hte pics as they are blocked out at work, so will have a look when I get home. I like your equipment choices. This is going to be a great tank I'm sure.
Thanks Sahin. I'm going to go back and re-read your thread. I was going to refurb my 120 and was eager to do so based on your refurb project, and then I came into this 45 gallon tank from Tyler (Teebone110). Originally it was going to be a frag tank, but the more and more I got looking at the logistics, the more and more I started leaning towards the current plan. Your tank certainly helped with that decision making (still able to have a great SPS tank even on a much smaller scale). Hope your AEFW battle is going ok.