View Single Post
Unread 12/28/2016, 11:36 PM   #68
jsdancer
Registered Member

At the moment I am dosing but still under the recommended 1 drop per 27 gallons. The only thing I noticed on week 2 was a growth of diatom brown algae on glass. This has been showing up less and less this week.

Week 3 dosing is as follows:
Pro bio s - Daily 6 drops
Np pro - Daily 6 drops
Af energy - Mon-Wed-Fri - 6 drops
Af build - Mon-Wed-Fri - 6 drops
Af vitality - Tue-Thurs-Sat - 6 drops
Af aminomix - Tue-Thurs-Sat - 6 drops

Af power food - 2 scoop - Sat-Sun

Components 1+2+3:
Dosing 1+ at 20ml per day
Dosing 2+ at 5ml per day
Dosing 3+ at 20ml per day

My test readings have been as follows:

Ca 400 - 425
Mg 1200 -1300
Phos .08ppm*
Alk 7.6
NO3 25*

Both Po4 and No3 have not increased since taking the bio pellets offline and the po4 has decreased in half over the 3 week period. No3 I have not seen any drops yet. I will continue to monitor these two parameters to see the where they go as I dose Pro Bio S and NP pro.

Now about the corals:

Week 1 purchases all were very inexpensive frags and all are doing fine except a Hollywood stunner chalice and an unknown sps. Both have shown anger towards my ALK issues but none have completely perished nor have gotten to the point of no return. Both seem to be coming back. The chalice started to STN from the outside in but has stopped. The sps shows burnt tips but has also stopped. All zoes are super opened and look totally happy.

Week 2 purchases were aquaculture corals and they have lost color but polyp expansion is super. They were not happy campers after the bayer dip nor happy about the ALK spike. But no tissue recession, just a little brown but full polyp expansion. I expect a full recovery from them.

There were additional purchases week 3 into week 4. All are doing great with full polyp extension.

Here is my FTS as of 12-28-16