View Single Post
Unread 02/07/2018, 07:42 PM   #8
Salty Waffles
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinTusk View Post
I have a few MagDrive pumps, but I thought they were "submersible only".
Both Mag pumps I have say inline or submersible on the boxes. One is a 10 yr. old Mag12, the other is a 1 yr. old Mag3. I'm using the Mag12 on my mixing station now after starting with the Mag3 which was totally underpowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinTusk View Post
I'm actually asking about the plumbing inside the SW tank. When I circulate the water back into the tank, I want to mix it up well as opposed to just dropping it back to the top of the tank.
I hear ya. Good call.
What I did was go through the top edge of my 25g salt mixing tank with PVC and sealed with a uniseal. Inside the tank I made a tree with PVC. Four "arms" of the tree have 90* fittings with caps on them with holes drilled to jet water at the bottom. When I did mine, I initially had two other legs with pvc spray bars towards the top that I made to keep water moving top to bottom. I took them off when the Mag3 was in, but plan on reinstalling them eventually.

Overall, it works quite well. And my Mag12 is actually rather quiet compared to the Mag3. In fact, I left the salt tank mixing for 2 days before I realized I had left the pump on.

Salty Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote