View Single Post
Unread 10/02/2017, 07:20 AM   #954
soulpatch
Registered Member

Holy cow those pics are huge. Not sure why tapatalk did that. Sorry all.

New tank issue. My alk has tanked. I was running at 8.3 and have had the system locked in for a while now so I only test every few weeks. I made a mistake switching salt to Kent from my normal IO and did not test till yesterday almost 200 gallons through it. The tank has not lost any color and growth has continued so no signs of something wrong. Boy was that a mistake. My alk normally 8.3 had swung down to 6.5. Not in serious danger zone as many run lower alk levels but a significant swing for my tank. Slowly ramping it back up and will be monitoring for a while.

My calrx has been turned up to bring it up slowly and I manually dosed some last night. Now looking to bring it out a few small points a day back to 8.3 I am also back on IO salt with my AWC on to slowly ramp in fresh water again.

On the plus side during the past few weeks my bubble algae has significantly been knocked back. This has a counter though in that aiptasia continues to blossum and spread. My file fish is about done his QT and he has been eating any and all aiptasia I have been putting in the QT tank AND I have a copperband almost done its 6 week QT so between the two I should be turning the tide of the war slightly.

I had bought some berghia but have not seem them since. Waste of $40 there...

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote