View Single Post
Unread 11/24/2017, 06:22 AM   #902
sensei
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally.B View Post
I am still figuring out the fine details (measurements). These are all rough notes I'm taking from Miracle rep.

The 1.5 inches includes the Euro Reef Glass Rim which is 1/2 inch glass (I think, maybe 1" ). And Derek mentioned the 1.5" from Top Number. That could be when return pump not running. That could be with interneral overflow. If you include the Euro Trim that takes off another 1/2"-1" from top (thus only 1/2" from top of actual tank).

All rough numbers. I'll have everything down to milimeter sizing (since the Framing and Stand has to be prefect).

AND YES, if I am about to improve this 12 year old tank, the next 12 years better be enjoyment. So External Overflow is a MUST!!!

I have to improve everything that bothers me about this current setup.
I am taking notes. I just cleaned glass, and a few power cord were annoying. Overflow box in the way, etc, etc.
I'll live this old tank before I make the purchase.

I am even thinking, do all the Framing (Sump room fix too), and just move this 65 Gallon into the corner, and see it, feel THE NEW SETUP. Then understand the changes needed, before final specs on NEW TANK. (Sure 3 moves, but I got to have ZERO disappointment after spending the extra money).

Original plan was a STANDARD Marineland 90 Gallon tank, and I'd re-use my overflow box from 65GAL. Now things are getting out of hand, but this is for many years.

WHAT ARE EVERYONE's THOUGHTS about doing 2x viewing sides with STARPHIRE GLass? Worth the extra cost? (Never saw a tank with that glass)
ALL my tanks have starfire glass in all viewing sides.
external overflow looks much better, in my big dt I had to use symilar overflow boxes to the ones you posted because I had no option.