View Single Post
Unread 02/19/2016, 03:10 PM   #14
homer1475
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefWreak View Post
Do you have a filter sock ready for the lanthanum? Going to run the BRS reactors with GFO?

You're not doing a refugium, right? It's weird, I recommend a refugium for small tanks, but on larger tanks, I'm not so sure... I think an ATS would be a sweet setup if you have the room for it, but they can become so good at nutrient removal it becomes problematic. I dunno, I'm sorta surprised that it seems like ATS/refugiums/macroalgae as a nutrient export is resurging again in popularity in the hobby. There are some cool ATS plans in the DIY forum if you have any interest in taking a look.
Don't need the filter sock for the lanthanum since I'm doing it in a brute while I cycle the rock. Since theres nothing in there, no need to worry about the precipitation.

And yes Iplan on having a refugium with chaeto in the middle part of the sump. I really need to get the tank, stand, and sump here to see what I'm really working with. Worst case scenario, I dump the stand and sump, and build my own. I have already thought about it and it's not a huge expense to do it myself.

To be quite honest, the 80 was a deal I couldn't pass up. the tank alone was more then he gave me the entire setup for. So even if I scrap the stand and sump, I'm still ahead of the game with the skimmer(which I've read is actually a pretty decent skimmer), RR tank with 3 holes(although I still wish I could do a bean animal style), and return all for less then just a bare 2 hole tank.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote