View Single Post
Unread 01/04/2007, 01:40 PM   #7
fishymann
Registered Member

ann and everyone else here, you guys are amazing thank you so very much. Im apart of another forum but we deal mostly with freshwater and i was pointed this way. I was afraid i'd be told not to bother with Seahorses since im a beginner but you guys have been amazing.

I keep hearing about these local groups but have had no luck finding one in my area, is there any type of site that could tell me of any?

Also, i read (here i think it was) that for live rock you should have about 4watts per gallon, if i did a 35G that would be 140watts, so would i still be okay to stick with regular flourescents? Also would buying the rock slowly (lets say 10lbs one week, a few weeks later another 10 and so on) be okay or would i need it all at once

About the HOB filter do they prefer biowheel or would that create to much current?

ahh sorry about all the questions its just amazing to get answers from those who have the fish and know aobut it.

edit:
Just got off the phone with my LFS to get some idea of what tanks they have.

WHen it comes to hex hes only got a 27G or a 60G. the 27 was 80$ (prices are just the tanks)
He also has a 37G high which he said was 22" high for 62$
and a 40G Extra High at 70$ (but did not give me the dimensions)

out of those three which do you think would be the best? he said they had more but i was not going to have him read me off the entire product line. I know they cary All-Glass aquariums but i cant seem to find a product catalog from them online.

(oh, and also live sand isnt needed right? )

Last edited by fishymann; 01/04/2007 at 02:16 PM.
fishymann is offline   Reply With Quote