View Single Post
Unread 03/04/2009, 09:59 AM   #80
Rhodes19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefer2727
Hello Rocket and all other DIY people,

Last question involves the actual assembly. Are you supposed to glue it, clamp it, wait for it to dry and then put the screws in? Or screw it right off the bat? Is this done as a complete square or do you start with 2 pieces of the frame, then the other 2, then put all 4 together?

Also, the purple uprights, is it correct that they are not directly screwed in to the upper rails or the base. They are only screwed into each other, and the green screw strip?

Thanks so much!!

Hi Reefer 2727,

I think I can answer these 2.

Glue and screw right off the bat. When you cut the wood, make sure the ends are square. What I do from there is to glue the ends together, place them in the clamp, then screw them together all in one setting. You can assemble the whole frame at one time instead of pieces. Once the screws are in you will not need the clamps so you can take them off and continue with the rest of the project.

From what I have read, the purple up rights do not need to be screwed into the upper or lower rail/base. Their purpose is to support the weight of the frame and tank. The green screw strips hold them in place.

HTH

Rhodes19 is offline   Reply With Quote