View Single Post
Unread 04/18/2016, 09:10 AM   #70
nemodan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhucasey View Post
Daniel, B-ionic already has the micronutrients in it, I wouldn't add the components strong to them. If you wanted to switch over to the Components you mix up Calcium and Magnesium Chloride(part 1), Sodium Carbonate(part2), and "Reef Mineral Salt"(Sodium chloride free salt)(Part 3).

The components are added to these- Component A&B go into Part 1, Component C into Part 2, Component D into part 3. This is classic full Balling.

If you wanted to try this just get one BRS 1.1ml/min Peristaltic pump, they are about 80 bucks. You plug it directly into an Apex outlet. No need to buy a whole new Three head doser.

I cant stress enough, don't double up with B-Ionic trace elements! I used B-ionic in the beginning and I saw many improvements in health when I gave up on it and went to classic Randy's recipe 2-part.
Thank you Matt for your answer and advice !!!!

For more that I tried I couldn't fine any reference of what it is in the B-ionic bottles , beside bicarbonate and Ca. I hate myself for not being able to find any details about the B-ionic.

As I was reading this thread I though that I could manage to add once a week the A, B and C components to the tank, to supplement whatever the Reef Crystal mix isn't able to supplement.

My LFS suggested me to add the "strong components A,B and C " to my B-ionic and I said NO !!!! (That was 2 weeks ago).

Reading this thread I realized that there are also big bottles of the components A, B and C , that is suggested to be used at least once a week. I said to myself " I can do that, when I am back home, once a week, I can add a little if those components to the tank manually".

If I understand correctly Matt, you do NOT SUGGEST to add components A, B and C in ANY of the suggested ways. OR you are refering only to the "component strong ".

In other words : if I add, once a week, as suggested by AF, manually, components A, B, C to my tank, could be an issue because I am already using b-Ionic that have some of those components ?

Cheers ...... and THANK YOU !!!! As always for you impute.

Daniel

BTW: I have 2 BRS dosing pumps, that I replaced with the DOS Apex system, connected and programed to my Apex, and not not in use now. I am afraid of using one of them to pump the same volume as the DOS because at the end I will not be sure ever if the 3 pumps are dosing what they have to dose.

Last edited by nemodan; 04/18/2016 at 09:17 AM.
nemodan is offline   Reply With Quote