View Single Post
Unread 04/27/2018, 09:48 AM   #25
Hoosier daddy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyFour View Post
Hoosier - Thanks for the thread. I’m relocating to Denver from San Diego and I’m trying to decide how/if the hobby can follow me there. There are a ton of moving parts but I think you can help by answering some RedSea Reefer and Denver specific questions, if you don;t mind!

* Did you buy the take/stand as standalone items, or did you buy the package that comes with lights/sump. If so, was the value worth it?
* What does your water change process look like? You have a tank in the basement and a tank on your main level. Where do you mix your salt?
* Do you have an RODI system? If so, is it in the basement? And is your RedSea Reefer plumbed to the basement?
* Do you have an outrageous water bill? What does that look like if you are running an RODI system? I don;t have experience there.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

No problem thanks for asking. Let me see if I can answer these in the order you asked.

1. I bought the setup for tank and stand only and added radions and now the aquatic life hybrid T5.

2.I have a mixing station in my basement and I just run a hose with a clamp upstairs when doing my water change. I use a big pump that can move water so it's quick. See pic.

3. Yes I use the Vertex RODI.

4. Reefer is not plumbed to in basement. Getting ready to add a reef synergy Reservoir with Neptune ATK.

5. My water bill seems normal. I make water only as needed and shut RODI off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL

Last edited by Hoosier daddy; 04/27/2018 at 09:54 AM.
Hoosier daddy is offline   Reply With Quote