View Single Post
Unread 11/11/2017, 06:35 PM   #1
Insane_Realmz
Registered Member

Hydra 52 LED over 2 RBTA's

This is probably an old subject, but I need help. I have two RBTA's that are now soft whited-pink. One is hiding from the light, the other is just not getting his color back. The one not getting his color back is half in the light, half in shade.

What is a good setting for a Hydra 52 (non HD) that has the USB controller (not computerized controls or director)? It does not have collective intensity control like the newer Hydra 52 HD does.

Equipment:
54 gallon corner tank. Water is 20 inches deep, light is 10 inches AWL.

Violet, Deep Blue and Blue are currently at 70%.
Red and Green is 0%
Cool White is 50%

Water parameters are normal, pH is at 8.2, Salinity is 1.024.

Tank is mature (1.5 years old).

Long story here is, One RBTA I've had over 4 years, in a 47 gallon tall tower tank with the same Hydra 52. It was doing great! It got to 12" in diameter and even split once! Had beautiful dark rose coloration. And it ate a whole shrimp once a week. I guess I got lucky with the light at that time.

Since I moved to the new tank, and everything settle down, the sibling RBTA died, and my bigass 12" has shrunk down to a sad little 3 incher, and lost a lot of color. I was given another RBTA, (a baby) and it has lost its color also, and keeps hiding. I have played around with the lighting some, but I really have no guideline to work with here....

Help!

Insane_Realmz is offline   Reply With Quote