View Single Post
Unread 08/05/2017, 03:09 PM   #7
CTaylor
Registered Member

the water gets very cold b/c of the ice ON the bag. I do not think they should put ice in the box, but maybe a tiny bit securely tapes the top fo the box b/c I open the box at 930 am after it being shipped 5 pm overnight. it's in a styro box. So in my optionion, very little chance for getting hot, again at night time in shipping. It's not just sometimes cold, it's every time. This time I'm pretty sure it was lower 60's in the bag water, as it was colder to the touch than the time it was 67 (corals eventually died then -- slow death from the start). The last shipment was about 70, and the large acro did totally fine. But lower 60's I think is just too low.. and the to acclimate it back up to 78. THis coral has no polyps out yet. The bag water was very cloudy, but not milky. So I"m concerened.. ANd it was a $400 piece.. at least I got it on a mark down, but still I dont like having a coral killed. Hopefully it won't be.

Der_wille: That's amazing to me you have had zero losses. I have had about 25% (more??) dead in the bag, upon opening the UPS box, which has no wait time at my door, as I'm home when UPS drops it off. Though those 25% have been all acroporas. I'm assuming you have also ordered acros? and no losses? If so,then i'm totally unlucky. B/c one could say it is ME, but again, they have come in on delivery totally DOA. BUT not just from them. It's hit or miss with any livestock seller (in my own experience). For instance, with exteme corals, I can not get a hammer to arrive alive either.

Last edited by CTaylor; 08/05/2017 at 03:44 PM.
CTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote