View Single Post
Unread 09/27/2017, 09:57 PM   #58
Subsea
Registered Member

Red Grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerBioProf View Post
Here are a couple update pictures. A local was selling these stunning, multicolored RBTA. I have considered having this display refugium also be a tank to house species I love but don't want in my SPS tank. Thus, anemones seem to fit perfectly into this scenario. I'm going to make sure the anemones acclimate okay into the new tank, and then I will transfer my clown over.

Here are a couple of photos before they go into their requisite shrink/hide fiasco that has occurred with every BTA I have had.

Here is the Botryocladia in its new, peculiar coloration.
I started reading your thread from the beginning and really like your display refugium. It would be what I would consider to be a macro lagoon, very nice tying it back in to your other display tank. With respect to the Botryocladia botryoides, it shows that color as light intensity goes up. I have not found it to do well in intense light. According to Russ Kronwetter at GCE, he collects this macro in 60' - 120' of water in the Gulf of Mexico. Not very bright at that depth. When 40W florescent tubes were what we used in marine aquarium lighting, two 40W tubes over a 55G tank grew a Red Grape bush that was 16" tall and took up 30% of the tank. The color was a deep burgendy color: flotation balls and stems.

Good fortune on your display refugium. I will continue reading this thread.

Current Tank Info: 10,000G. Greenhouse Macro Growout
Subsea is offline   Reply With Quote